Gather at the Firehouse: Summer Recipes and More
Blue Cheese Burgers
• 3 pounds lean ground beef
• 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
• 1/2 cup minced fresh chives
• 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon dry mustard
• 12 French rolls or hamburger buns
• In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, blue cheese, chives, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, and mustard. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
• Preheat grill for high heat. Gently form the burger mixture into about 12 patties.
• Oil the grill grate. Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done. Serve on rolls.