Education >> Browse Articles >> Education Article


The 411 on Fire Science Degrees

The 411 on Fire Science Degrees

Allison Tinney, Kayla Baxter |

Qualifications to Start

Some schools offer associate degrees only to those who are already employed in some fashion as a certified EMT or Firefighter. This is done on a school by school basis and you will need to check in with the registrar to determine your eligibility.

Other schools offer two versions of the degree, one for experienced firefighters, and one for new students. Your EMT license, and Firefighter I & II certifications will allow you to test out of some required coursework. New students are sometimes required to complete their Firefighter I Academy as the first course towards their degree.

Recent Activity

Footly received the quiz result of "51-75% correct", about 6 hours ago.
prempokhrel18 received the quiz result of "Airport Firefighter", 3 days ago.
prempokhrel18 gave a thumbs up to The Article "The Age Factor", 3 days ago.
265mvfd reviewed the product: "Firefighter Rescue And Survival", 4 days ago.
265mvfd joined the group "Patch Collecting", 4 days ago.